See links here and here. Some excerpts-
"February 6, 2014 -- (TRN) -- Edward Snowden, the former contractor at the National Security Agency took with him multiple "Doomsday" packages of information when he departed the country and began revealing how intensely the US Government is spying on its own citizens. He has the personal home info for all Elected Officials, Law Enforcement, Judges, Bankers, Corporate Boards of Directors and more!
At a classified briefing for members of Congress which took place on Wednesday, members found out that Snowden took with him:
- a complete roster of absolutely every employee and official of the entire US Government.
- The names, home addresses, unlisted personal home telephone and personal cellular phone numbers, dates of birth and social security numbers of every person involved in any way, with any department of the US Government.
- The files include elected officials, Cabinet appointees, Judges, and **ALL** law enforcement agency employees including sworn officers.
- Similar files with the personal information of EVERY government contractor and all employees of that contractor!
- Similar files with all the personal information of EVERY Bank Corporation, their operating officers and their Boards of Directors, including all current and former members of the Federal Reserve
- Similar files with all the personal information about anyone holding any type of license from the Government such as Doctors, Lawyers, Stock Brokers, Commodities Traders . . . . and many more.
- Similar files with all the personal information of EVERY non-bank Corporation in the U.S., including their operating officers and Boards of Directors."
If he did take this data, then this explains his continued survival. It also would explain why officials in Mordor-on-the-Potomac called him a traitor. The question is, assuming he in fact committed these acts, does that make him a traitor? Would publication of the personal data of those who would rule us constitute treason?
In my post "Progressive Treason" (link here) I reviewed the Constitutional and legal definition of treason. According to the Constitution, treason is covered under Article 3 section 3- "Treason; Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted. "
Congress has defined treason under US Federal Code, Title 18, Chapter 115, Section 2381 as follows: "Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."
So who are the traitors here? Snowden, who spoke out about violations of the Constitution and US Law, and who is threatening to simply publish the personal data of those responsible? Or are the traitors those presently in power, who either actively engage in or actively support these unConstitutional activities, or who passively accept these actions? While contemplating the answer to these questions, O gentle reader, think about the delicious irony of this situation. Those who have been busy violating the Constitution and the privacy of the citizenry are complaining that they are themselves subject to the same treatment!
So, who are the traitors, and who are the patriots here?
With regard to all who serve the Light,
EDIT: I have found a number of other links to Snowden's downloads, so the information about Snowden's acquisition at least looks correct.