However, the recent followup attacks in France, and the ongoing Islamic invasion of Europe, have prompted me to set other demands on my time aside and once again violate my rule on commenting about current events.
As I commented in January (link here) France will not solve its problem by appeasement, or by allowing further Islamic immigration, as has just been demonstrated. What happened in Paris on November 13th was completely predictable, inevitable really, given the nature of Islam and the present refusal of the European authorities to acknowledge the essential savagery of Islam. It remains to be seen whether French authorities will be prompted by the atrocious slaughter of over a hundred Frenchmen to remove their heads from the sand or whether they will burrow more deeply.
A few observations from this most recent atrocity:
- It cannot be doubted that the recent influx of 'refugees' into Europe carries a huge risk to the people presently living there;
- It is crystal clear that France, specifically, has been targeted by militant Islamists, most likely militant Sunni members of ISIL; (if you do not understand the difference between Sunni and Shia, see links here and here)
- Unarmed people make excellent targets for savagery. (Note the difference in fatalities where armed persons could respond immediately- example, where Hollande was present and where there were armed security forces present);
- Time is of the essence when bad people are shooting good people. If you give bad people enough chances, eventually they hit what they are shooting at, even if they are poorly trained expendables.
- Survival rates for those attacked were much higher if you were farther away from the jihadis;
- Suicide bombs are much less lethal at ranges in excess of 20 yards or so.
France, and Europe more generally, will do whatever it is they decide to do. If they are wise, they'll follow the suggestions I made this past January, but I cannot control what happens in Europe. However when one examines the events unfolding there, and considers the implications of these events with respect to these united States, a few conclusions can be reached:
- Never has the war of ideas been more clearly delineated; the savage barbarism evident in Paris is the offspring of the Progressive movement.
- It is only a matter of time until this sort of unpleasantness comes to these united States. The outcome of that arrival is dependent on which set of ideas dominates the political scene moving forward.
- It is simply not possible for local law enforcement authorities to prevent such attacks here, especially given the stated intent of the present occupant of the Spite House to continue importing Islam and Islamics, and Hollywood notwithstanding, it is not the job of the police to protect us. That is OUR job. We are responsible for our protection, nobody else. Those who refuse to acknowledge this fact may suffer the consequences. I think of this as evolution in action.
- CNS shots (brain and upper spine hits) are likely to be more effective in preventing detonation of an explosive device than torso hits. This is especially true where pistols are employed, which is likely to be the case. An eventually lethal wound (Heart, liver, spleen, major blood vessel) on a jihadi may result in the jihadi detonating his bomb before he expires from his wound. Having the skill to make head shots at more than 50 feet is therefore desirable. I used to hear, and still do, much criticism of the 50 yard course of fire for the old PPC course, and of Bullseye shooting, as being 'unrealistic.' I submit that these Islamist attacks involving gunmen who also possess self-triggered explosive devices are a powerful argument in favor of precise longer range handgun skills, and precise marksmanship generally.
- Soft armor is a good thing if your immediate environment may have high speed metallic projectiles moving through it. Not a panacea, but a good idea.
- It is not possible to know in advance when bad people may try to kill you, so possession of both the means and the skill to defend oneself at all times should be given serious thought. When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away.
- Freedom of association, the ability to provide or deny service to anyone you wish, needs to be legalized again. This business of forcing people to do business with or to associate with Islamics or anybody else is pathological insanity. We must put a stop to that, right now. THIS issue is going to rock the entire foundation of the current PC structure, and it will be hard fought by the Progressive Movement, but this is a battle we cannot lose.
- Dead jihadis are only a sanitation problem.
I had hoped that I might someday visit Europe, to enjoy all the history there firsthand. I still hope so, but will have to see whether Progressivism drives Europe to its fall or whether the heirs of Charles Martel can once again rise to the need, and defend European civilization against 7th century barbarism. These are, indeed, interesting times.
With regard to all who serve the Light,